Self-made Internet Nerd Phenomenoms
Since Jen is not the geek that I am and was clueless to the following late internet memes, here's a list as I can recall:
- Goatse.cx - The infamous stretched sphincter shot that started life as punishment for hotlinking. It even made it to the cover of Time.
- All your base are belong to us - An Engrish translation that quickly found its way stamped and graffitied all over various jpegs and signage.
- Numa Numa - Watch it, it describes itself. This New Jersey kid got way more attention than he asked for after releasing this vid to the masses. Even the song went to the top of international charts afterwards.
- Sweater Girl - I've mentioned this classy lass before. Buy some new damn pants already.
- Tron Guy - Minnesota grown. This guy hit infamy by making his own skin tight spandex outfit with neon and not wearing underwear under it.
- Peter Pan "Man" - Other than Richard Simmons, the fruitiest guy in the world, I think. 'Nuff said.
- The Star Wars Kid - By displaying his "ahem" jedi-mastery in front of the camera, this dork achieved fame and was on to Letterman and Leno.
Wikipedia has some more...
And then there's the "Snakes on a Plane" phrase, coke/mentos, Chuck Norris facts, Strong Bad and Homestar Runner, Hampster Dance and Badger Dance, and that damn 3D dancing baby.
So what else can you come up with -- what am I missing?